Friday, October 17, 2014

Day 17: Not So Consistent

So, I kind of fell of the wagon.  Some days, like most people I know, I run from morning to night without much time to do much else than, well, run.  I don't like it this way, and I want to have more margin in my life.  But, I'm not quite sure how to do that.  The kids really do not do too many activities, and I am not involved in a million committees and clubs.  I guess it is just really time-consuming to homeschool and parent 6 kids.  Maybe I just have to accept that fact.

I did make time to do a couple of things I have been wanting to do.  I did work out twice (hoping for one more time tomorrow).  So, I am staying consistent with three times per week.  And, I went to see an elderly woman who used to live down the street from us, who now lives in a nursing home.  I have been meaning to see her for so long, but because the home is 30 minutes from us, I have put it off.  I am so glad I went to go see her, though.  She seemed to be happy to have someone to talk to.  I want to remember that my call, the one that speaks most loudly to me when I pray, is to take care of not only the orphan but the widow (James 1:27).  My life has to be centered around this if I want to take part in the greater meaning of my life.




No comments:

Post a Comment